An article featured on smallbusiness.co.uk by Ben Lobel provides the top 5 things to consider to turn change in your organisation into an opportunity for future success.
All change within a business has an impact but managed correctly change can become an opportunity - if not, it can create problems. BDG's Change Consultant, Andy Swann, gave Ben his top 5 tips:
1. Put people first: when people thrive, organisations thrive too - keep in mind that people are the one variable that businesses can't do without.
2. Consider the impact: change could affect your leaders, your team or your customers. Understanding this will help to identify potential areas for extra attention in advance.
3. Give everyone ownership: people connect best when they feel part of the process - whether a company restructure or workplace redesign. Let your team in, ask their opinion and involve them.
4. Communicate: if everyone knows everything there are no nasty surprises at the end.
5. Think differently: don't manage change the way you believe businesses should - manage it with the personality of your own company. Remember it is all about creating a meaningful connection that leads to positive adoption.
These tips form the basis of a great change management programme and if you create your own around this framework your experience will be a positive one.
There are some amazing things you can do to implement change successfully - if you need ideas or support in your business change, contact Andy Swann at BDG.
Image courtesy of Shutterstock.